Saturday, October 15, 2005

Equipment

I just recieved an email from Dave with concern to the equipment we'd need to suffice this program.

I may correct myself later but currently there are 2 G5's, 2 Dells, and an iMAC. However out of those computers, 1 G5 has to be used for video yearbook, 1 Dell has to be used for hardcopy yearbook, and 1 Dell has to be used for updating the Web Site daily. So that leaves a G5 and an iMac. The more collaborative the project, the less computers we need, meaning if we produce a film as a whole rather than in small groups, then the two computers we have access to will be fine.

And right now there is a Canon GL2 available, but that has to be used for video yearbook. There is also a handycam (i don't remember what brand), which could be used, but the quality isn't really what I was hoping for. However, we could still produce a very good film (we would just have to concentrate on lighting more to get a good picture.

As far as props, we can improvise. The theature has plenty of what we should need, but we'll be crafty.

Must make sure the computers have Final Cut Pro

Conclusion: Another Canon GL2 would be ideal. The campers aren't allowed to use the one available now, but I want to teach a short Do-s and Don't-s of using a camera, so that once the camper goes through the learning session and passes a short test, they could be licensed to use it. Most of the shots I anticipate will be using a tripod anyway so that eliminates most of the risk of damage. For the other shots that will require a camera-operator moving, I will be sure they have the strap around their neck and will plan the shot out precisely so everyone knows where to be. That should eliminate the cameraperson falling or the camera getting wet etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home