Tuesday, November 01, 2005

reaction to John's criticism

John's concern was my capstone was not distinctive or relevant, specifically noting that while it will be useful to the kids at camp, but nothing beyond that. Also that it is similar to a class on film production and that isn't a new idea.

I want to start by saying that this will be far from a class. I am going to teach them the fundamentals, but beyond that I would like to steer as far away from a classroom atmosphere as possible. I want them to give ideas on how to illustrate the scene visually and not tell them how to do it. I know none of them have taken a film class before, so they won't be doing this by the book. It will be our collective ideas and taking chances and I will be pushing them to try new things.
Second, I don't know why this has to be useful to more than the kids at camp. New Media projects don't have to be relevant to the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home